Wednesday, April 23, 2008

|F'in-Oulipo|Foulipo|Foolipo|



I am about to babble in vague fashion.

This is the home of my latest oulipo fussing.

I've been writing poems from a sole sentence.

Previously, I've written a verbose line or two and
then rearranged the order of the words to further
describe some moment, the emphasis having been the
words themselves.

This time, I'll be looking at a shorter line with
which I will rearrange the letters into separate words,
the emphasis here being the letters. At this point, I'm
only starting, and as such, am not to worried about
"making overt sense". I am curious to see what comes of
"sense" as this all progresses though.

Too, I am thinking of doing tributes to some poets by
constructing a poem from the letters of some quote I enjoy
or don't enjoy. Maybe it won't be so much a tribute but
slander (kidding).

More immediately, my concerns float suspiciously around
the way re-worked wordage sounds - how by reconstructing
a line we may lose the meter or meaning of the initial
formation but gain a better appreciation to the sound and
smooth sense originally utilized by cluttering other space
with all those same letters. I leave one eye trained out
of focus though, left to spy what else comes from assembling
yet again language.

In the end, these will all be queer translations of a sort.
Thus, the title of this blog: In Rant At Loss
...did you catch that?

...Examples Soon Coming...

No comments: